The Institute offers a special course to help students write effectively. The course imparts training on the following broad topics:
- An introduction to the writing process from pre-writing to editing and proof reading of written text
- Understanding the writing purpose, context and audience
- Different writing genres and the conventions associated with these
- Using language for more effective writing
- Strategies to organise information taking into account purpose and audience, ensuring cohesiveness and coherence
- Structures for long and short reports
- Writing press releases, seminar backgrounders, seminar reports etc.
- Making a presentation - framework and organisation
The duration of the course will be 40-60 hours. Classes will be held thrice a week in sessions of one-and-a-half hours each. A batch will begin only if we have a minimum of eight students.
Only students who are fluent in English are eligible for this course. Students are expected to take a proficiency test to help us assess their eligibility.
We also conduct this course for companies/institutions (on-site training).